View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, so glad you had such a great experience - and how awesome from Hawkeye to leave you his 2nd row ticket!

i'm so relieved you didn't end up looking for us, because i felt so bad about missing you - you originally stipulated going in the first place by having some people you know there. so i'm taking all the creditr for you going and i'm loving this so much!!

too bad you didn't go strum! it is something - always such incerdible experience. and that was another weird thing yesterday, with that lower stage, and then apparently LB's people gave the instructions to the seccurity that he will come down to that lower stage / covered pit for people to strum during GYOW but the message venue security somehow received was that he will go into the crowd during the encores. so they brought extra security and blocked the access to the stage during GYOW which was the weirest thing i've ever seen at LB show! and he had to make extra efforts to get people to actually approach the stage and strum - as you describe above. normally he covers the stage on all sides for people to be able to strum, but yesterday he couldn't... either way, he / his people can never get that messaging straight it seems!
You can take all the credit LOL! I was really on the fence about seeing Lindsey, mostly because it was in Canton and I was concerned about the weather in November- I absolutely hate driving in snow, even if it's just flurries. And with the rain and possible freezing temperatures, well that's even worse. Plus it was just a few weeks after I was going to see FM, and it was on a Monday, AND it was right after Thanksgiving, so logistically, I had some valid reasons to not go. But I had missed the Buck/Vie tour last year, thinking I would catch them another time, and we all know how that worked out, and with Lindsey (and myself) getting older, the sad reality is, each tour could very well be the last at this stage, so I had to go. I would definitely see Lindsey again, hands down.

As for the strumming, Lindsey was clearly motioning for us to come up, but like you said, it was obvious security had not been informed. Still, they did let people move up, so that was cool.