View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Thanks Lazy Poker,
Wow, 6 (six) weeks rehearsal w/Greeny!!!!
Give me a Time Machine!
as a footnote to the peter green / stone the crows story:
when peter withdrew himself only 2 days before the first gig (at the 1972 lincoln festival), he claimed that he just couldn't face an audience. eventually yes-guitarist steve howe agreed to help out and jumped in for the occasion. (though i don't know if howe stayed on for the remaining tour dates or if these obligations have been fulfilled at all.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
So, after they pickup future McCartney bud Jimmy McCulloch all magic from first 2 albums disapear.
well, actually les harvey was the guitarist on ALL FOUR stone the crows albums - jimmy mcculloch only played on 2 tracks of "ontinuous performance" ("good time girl" & "sunset cowboy"). so i don't think you can charge poor jimmy with your opinion concerning stone the crows losing their magic after 2 longplayers. (personally i think the last album is one of their strongest!) anyway, it's safe to say that maggie bell (having been romanticly tied to harvey for years) felt she couldn't keep up the band without her late partner and subsequently opted for a solo career - for better or for worse . . .