View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
You can blame Christine, but we don't know what she said or did behind the scenes. Maybe she did stand up for Lindsey and they just didn't listen. Besides, sure, she could say "Lindsey's in or I'm out" and they could have called her bluff and decided to disband Fleetwood Mac altogether.

Back to the album. Definitely is fun pop - except for songs like Love is Here to Stay and Game of Pretend, I wouldn't call them fun, they're a bit more serious. I still like Say You Will, yes a lot of it is depressing but I always found the title track very uplifting.
If she'd said, "fire him, and I'M GONE", that would have stopped it. GUARANTEED. But she didn't. They wouldn't have disbanded. Old goat $tevie would have had to get over it, rather than being a spoiled child, and demanding his ouster.

But Mick had his meal ticket's back. Have I ever mentioned that Mick is pretty much the sleaziest character in the history of music?

Honestly, I've never understood the massive love that Carnival gets. It's okay, but one of my least favorite songs on the album.