View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Eddy Quintela was a musician and song writer before crossing paths with Christine. He was very talented in both areas and the songs are great but the heavy-handed, usually boringly synthesized, product that was produced in those years doesn't stand up well I don't feel.
I can see how people could think that. But heavily-synthed and arguably over-produced Christine songs are actually the ones that work best for me. Maybe because she's never been a singer/songwriter that packs a huge emotional wallop for me (with a few exceptions), I find that sort of treatment suits her songs well in a way that I don't find at all when LB does it to his own writing. With Chris, I don't feel like anything is really lost in the production, and I don't think I'd really appreciate an earlier demo of these songs all that much. The finished products are pure pop perfection to my ears, and in a way I'm sorry that a lot of her best Quintela collabs are on BTM and Time, because a lot of people are really missing out.

I'm actually a bad Mac fan. I just assumed that Everywhere was a Quintela collaboration along with Little Lies, just because of how darn snappy it is. I need to pay more attention to liner notes!