View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
All that said, Christine was the only vocalist to have a hit in Chicken Shack (which I get was released around the time she left). I completely agree that it was Stan’s show, but I suspect having one of the only women on the British Blues scene in the band made an otherwise average British blues band stand out. She was the one who had the singles and got to briefly be a solo artist. I think she experienced a certain type of pressure just being one of like two women in an otherwise sausage party, but also as someone who had a minor hit that made her the perfect addition to a band that was in a fragile place.
When you look at her career path in that regard, and the trajectory of where she journeyed to. And then finally where Christine ended up... It's quite an incredible story of talent, poverty, luck, love, divorce, booze, drugs, depression, pills, and sweet sweet success. I'm in awe of this story and the artist. She did all this whilst quietly taking the spotlight. (Yes Tony, that "whilst" was for you. )

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-22-2021 at 09:21 PM..