View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really like the lyrics to TD, and I guess I like them because they are very "Stevie". I would almost call them vintage Stevie. She does use "baby" alot, but no moreso than anyone else. No Doubt and their "hey baby hey baby hey" lyric come to mind.
Stevie says "baby" like no one else. It's trippy and cool.

As far as the lyrics being based on a worn-out premise, well, you could say the same thing about Lindsey. His songs are always about relationships that aren't going well.

It's just what I have come to expect from them, and I suspect they will keep doing it. Failed relationships, angst, and longing will always be good premises for songs, because their will always be somebody who can identify with that.
Even if you are in a good relationship, most folks have had a bad one here or there, and there are even a few people who will always mourn the "one that got away".
It's just Stevie's thing.

You can't tell an artist how or what they should be creating. It's just like the people who are trying to tell JK Rowling that she should or shouldn't be doing this or that with the storyline of Harry Potter. I love her response. She said, "This is my story, and I'm going to tell it the way I want to tell it." Good for her, I say!

My mother is not a very big fan of my artwork. Oh, she thinks I'm talented, but she doesn't understand why I like to paint unicorns and dragons and jesters. She looks at it and says, "Geez, Sharon, can't you just paint a nice vase of flowers or something?"

No, I can't. I don't want to paint flowers any more than Stevie wants to write happy little love songs.
If you want flowers and sweetness, find yourself another artist, I guess. lol!!