View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Top 20 most listened to Lindsey tunes

I was a little bored, so I decided to make a list of my 20 most listened to Lindsey solo tunes (based on my iPod playlist), with a few mini-comments on why each song is on the list. Thought I'd share it, in honor of the man's birthday and all.

20. It Was You, Under the Skin - Will is here! Leelee's here! Stella's here! Love the shout-out to the fam in this one.

19. I Must Go, Go Insane - I love the chorus for this song.

18. Surrender the Rain, Out of the Cradle - Seeing as OOTC was the first Lindsey solo album I owned, this song had the honor of being my first favorite Lindsey song. I love his vocals on this one.

17. Wait for You, Gift of Screws - Awww, shuffle riff! I love when this song goes into the "no one knows my name!" bit.

16. Don't Look Down, Out of the Cradle - Another early fave. I always think of my brother, who sings the lyric like "I don't who cares!" Heh.

15. Underground, Gift of Screws - Just think this one is gorgeous.

14. Down on Rodeo, Under the Skin - I really like the style on this one, there's something about it that sold me right away, though I still can't put my finger on it. It probably helps that Mick and John are the rhythm section though.

13. Turn It On, Out of the Cradle - I love yelpy Linds?

12. Bel Air Rain, Gift of Screws - The closest to "Play in the Rain" there's ever been and that's all the explanation needed.

11. Bang the Drum, Go Insane - Love the musical similarities to "Eyes of the World".

10. Try for the Sun, Under the Skin - Always a sucker for the type of guitar work featured on this one. Just really pretty.

9. Play in the Rain (Continued), Go Insane - LOVE it. I always end up singing the non-vocal parts, too!

8. That's How We Do It in L.A., Law & Order - Most of my faves on this album are because I think they are oddly hilarious and this is not an exception.

7. Johnny Stew, Law & Order - See above. The "Gift of Screws" of its time.

6. The Right Place to Fade, Gift of Screws - STILL convinced he is saying "Twist of Fate". Loved this one for years and years and that love has not decreased one iota. Love the guitar on it and the speediness of the lyrics. It rocks!

5. I Want You, Go Insane - Love it, plain and simple.

4. Great Day, Gift of Screws - It's kind of badass and intense, plus has that nifty guitar thing going on. I was sold from the first listen.

3. Love From Here, Love From There, Law & Order - This song amuses me SO much. I always want to line dance to it.

2. Love Runs Deeper, Gift of Screws - Possibly my actual favorite Lindsey solo song of all time. It's addictive and that last minute of guitar at the end is one of my favorite things ever. It never fails to get me all worked up with giddiness and glee.

1. Gift of Screws, Gift of Screws - But this is the most-listened to because it is a. hilarious, b. ridiculous and c. amazing for both of those reasons and more. Plus, I am a sucker for in-song instructions.

*Count is based on the past year, for that is how long this iPod has been around.

Feel free to share yours!