View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
This is the documentary that's on Netflix (or was), right? It was incredible. And though I credit Don and Glenn for including Felder, I would have paid money to see them actually record their interviews for the documentary together in the same room.

I also credit those two for not sanitizing the truth too much (can you imagine a present day Mick and Stevie sanctioned Fleetwood Mac documentary? Jesus..). Felder, who can at times seem whiny about his dismissal, really came off like he had legit concerns beginning in 1994 (not to mention Glenn threatening to kick his a$$ at the 1980 breakup) about how the Eagles Corporation profits were being split considering their original 1974 arrangement. I thought Henley and Frey came off like two arrogant pricks - they are, but at least they didn't sugarcoat it. The argument that they basically carried the band's legacy through the 80's with their solo careers is largely true, but I always thought Frey's was largely forgettable especially when compared to Henley's (though I LOVE me some cheesy 80's crap like "The Heat is On").

Anyway, even if you are marginal fan of Eagles, this documentary is WELL worth the time investment!
I believe it is the same. I found a second 3 disc set in a thrift store last week for.......wait for it........$2!!!!! Two f*cking dollars!!!

Yeah, this is nothing like a FM DVD would be. They reveal many warts, and don't hide much. I think Henley and Frey are BOTH PRICKS(doesn't mean I don't love the music, though). Frey was always the boss, IMO. I can see how he felt when Don's voice became the star of the show, and got 80% of the songs to sing. And Don's always been a malcontent, according to David Geffen.

And according to Felder's book(I won a copy on an Eagle's site, years ago), Felder was the last member ever to have a full blown share of everything. By the time Walsh and Schmidt came along, that practice was over. So he was entitled to 1/3 of everything. And wasn't one of the two stars. I can see both sides on this issue. Legally entitled, yes? Should you be happy with the millions you're making, and not be a dick? Well, yes as well. I wish they'd given him one last chance(or maybe done a tour without him, to show him that they meant business). "This is it, pal. No more crying, or you're out for good". I always thought that he smoked Joe Walsh. As a guitar player myself, Felder always came up with far more interesting solos than Walsh's "Johnny B. Goode"(boring, that everyone can play) solos.