View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
When I look back on Bob's site, its one of my biggest regrets not sending him a message or participating in his online Q&A chats. WTF was I thinking. I was not a member here then but sort of remember coming here in those early days. You could buy his autographed CD's on his site. If you read those in depth interviews, it will blow your mind. I love the story of him stating he ran into Lindsey shortly after he joined FM and Lindsey confiding in him how toxic they all were.

Anyway, I forgot to mention my biggest treasures of the band and the reason I became a big fan......the HBO Mirage tour concert. I think it debuted on HBO in February 1983. I became hypnotized and recorded the concert from the TV to my tape recorder. LMAO (I was 12)
I even wrote a several page hand written letter to HBO executives asking them to air the concert again. Believe it or not but I got a nice return letter that talked about how popular some of their concerts are and it was "possible" the concert could return. It never did LOL. I have to laugh because I am trying to remember everything I wrote to them about in my long letter. It would be so funny if I ever kept a copy or something.
In 1982-1983 HBO had some amazing concerts....all the big acts touring at that time had HBO concerts....Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Men at Work, Pat Benatar, Donna Summer, Olivia Newton John, Dolly Parton, Blondie, etc. I remember them all.
Bob was so down to Earth. I always wanted to invite him and Wendy out to dinner, but never did. I guess I was too afraid they'd say no. I sure did regret it once he was gone. Remember when Wendy got banned from here?

I don't remember how I even heard about the Mirage video(we were way too poor for cable - 4 channels with an antenna), but I've got it on Betamax! I talked Mom into buying beta....I was quite the visionary! I've still got the video somewhere. I'd never throw it away!