View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I thought McVie slipped a bit on TUSK, Buckingham slipped on MIRAGE, and then Nicks on TANGO. Post-RUMOURS there was always one of them that wasn't up to par during a particular album.
Hmmmm maybe...but it's hard to believe Chris could slip on an album. Her contributions are always great. In Tusk she had a good number of songs, and Over & Over, Think About Me, Brown Eyes and Never Forget are wonderful pieces...Then she had a wonderful work on Mirage, even better than Lindsey, but Lindsey ruled with Can't Go Back and Book Of Love, and made an amazing job on Chris' songs.
But Nicks always had three or four songs in every album, and there's at least ONE song that really rocks. There was not enough time to hear more from SN on the albums after Rumours. She had only three songs in Tango In The Night, and those songs were not the best she could do...Songs like Angel or Straight Back were quite better than the Tango songs, even those that were finally not included.
Her situation was different in 1990. She had another attitude with the band, and after Lindsey's departure, I think Chris needed her help on her own songs. The vocals of Nicks on As Longs As You Follow and the Behind The Mask album are great, with The Other Side Of The Mirror in the middle. She had better forces to work with the band again.

Returning to the thread, it's hard to believe that Stevie Nicks did any contribution to the Buckingham-McVie songs of Tango, more if we think that most of the songs were written between 1986 and 1987, and there was a work between Lindsey and Chris, that took color with the contribution of John and Fleetwood.

Mark.