View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But it was REALLY an ordeal for me to deal with them, without the balance that Christine brings. It was FLAT without Christine.

That said (especially after BuckVie, and the love they showed on the swan song for FM), if we'd known she was GOING TO HAVE NO F*CKING SPINE, and let that ego maniacal old goat fire the REASON that made and kept them being ARTISTS, maybe it would have been better if she hadn't come back. Spineless old company shill, who WAS the heroine of my life. Her loyalties are f*cked up beyond belief. Mick called her Superwoman. She ain't. #companyshill
as a fan, and as a feminist, i'm very happy she came back. i was happy to see a 70 year old woman being able to come back and reclaim her place in rock history. as a fan, i am thrilled to have gotten Buckingham McVie, songs that we probably still would not get out with the band trying to appease Stevie and bring her to the table to release that as Mac album. i'm thrilled to see Lindsey-Christine collaboration and how productive and happy it was at this late stage in their career. i'm thrilled to have making off BuckVie footage, showing us how happy and cohesive and creative Fleetwood Mac can be where the person constantly holding them back and constantly inciting unnecessary fights and touting their own importance is not there.

yes, personally for Lindsey it did not end well, and ended in a heart attack and voice damage. i'm still hoping he will come back. but at least he's not wasting away more years on useless jukebox tours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I remember that when I read Bob Welch's wife's stories about Christine keeping Bob out of the R&RHOF, that she wasn't the woman I'd always hoped she was. And I did my best to ignore it, and forgive her. And I pretty much made it. Until the Lindsey debacle. She's almost as bad and Dick and the Old Goat.'

Lindsey is the ONLY one I'd even care to meet, these days. Perhaps John, but I've never understood anything he's ever said on camera, so it would be frustrating trying to decipher his cockney mumblings.
you take Mick's word (washing his own hands and putting it all on someone else) as gospel. i don't believe a word Mick's saying, so i don't see why would we believe what he said to Wendy is true. he was just trying to make her stop blaming him.

i never understood this - why are you giving a pass to John while at the same time blaming Christine? John had an opportunity to say no to Mick, before Christine even knew what was happening. he just lazily rolled over and couldn't care less. and then Christine went with him and Mick. so John is even more to blame than Christine. just because he doesn't say much he always get more of a pass than anyone else in that band. he shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I'm with you admiring Christine as my favorite member. She has always had a calming effect on me. Her songs are always excellent and always loved how it was never about "her" but always the group effort. All traits that I admire. I love her playing too. Everything she adds to a song it always top notch. But if you read some of Bob's interviews during the 90's, Bob had some harsh things to say about her saying stuff like she acted like royalty, etc. I guess those traits of putting the band FIRST (no matter what) does come with some negative baggage i.e. turning your back on Lindsey and not putting your foot down, turning your back on Bob, etc. She seems to have a blind loyalty to Mick except when she wanted to leave the band. She even gave him $50,000 during his peak debt crisis in 1984.
yes.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"