View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I agree with Les. Any Beatles fan might be appalled, but if the network execs chose 90s/2000s Lindsey, well, that's what they get. His playing is never a sell out these days. Some may say this 'integrity' has warped his musical sensibility to the other extreme (a'la' Tusk as areaction to Rumours)- trying carefully not to be too accessible.

So I stand by Lindsey that 'he is what he is', and that's what they got. Since when would George Harrison turn over in his grave when Lindsey is doing the best he can. If you pick Lindsey Buckingham, that's the tribute you can expect from him (if you know anythng about him post Rumours, which these NBC people seemingly didn't :s). Since when has Lindsey recently ever sold out to what people expect?

Christy - those are my exact words: My jaw dropped when I first heard Red Rover! That song is unreal.

But favourite acoustic (as opposed to live acoustic..?) goes to Try for the Sun. Maybe live acoustic is the GYOW from the Sports Bar set! Esepcially that croony vocal intro teaser!

Oh oh - are we forgetting the Down on Rodeo demo Sure it has some pathetic drum machine, but come on!