View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Bottom line, for those who proclaim this latest Mac chapter is forward movement, it will only be so under 1 condition: if they record a new studio album. Without new material, they are in even sadder shape than they were before. At least last time around FM was an in tact oldies group. Now they’re an oldies group that’s being cobbled together from the ruins of other oldies groups.

I will also argue that there was a point in time where the FM name ceased to be fluid. I’d wager that point was in the first half of the 1990s. By that point they had fully become a legacy act. No new radio hits were in the cards, and the band’s lineup and set list had both cemented. From there out the public has tolerated no more than 1 of the 5 members being absent. They were smart when Christine left to not replace her- we’ll see how the public reacts this go around with Lindsey’s replacements. If they monkey with the lineup any further, they risk opening for REO Speedwagon again.