View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
During this holidays I've watched:

1) Brave
First Disney movie. I liked it, I liked the ancient scottish setting and the lack of the classic prince-princess Disney romance. I appreciated that it was centered around familial love and in particular the mother-daughter relationship. Also I really loved the jokes and gags that concerned men and their kilts. And the bears.

2) Rapunzel
Second Disney movie. I actually liked it a little less than the previous one even if it is generally considered superior. I have to say that the horse was one of the best and funniest Disney characters I've ever seen.

3) The Nightmare Before Christmas
Third Disney movie and also my traditional family Christmas watch. Obviously I love it and almost everyone has seen it, but I'm still amazed by how well this movie has aged, it doesn't seem to have almost the same age as me.

4) Bridge of Spies
I couldn't watch it from the start because of an error of my dear old father, but I could see that it was truly a beautiful movie. Tom Hanks did an amazing job in this role but from what I've seen the movie depended all from him and his character. I expected more from the historical description of the setting, but maybe it's because I only saw the second half.

5) Wreck-it Ralph
Fourth and last Disney movie, at least for now. Not bad but during the first part it wasn't remarkable and it didn't become truly consistently funny and engaging until the second half, when he entered the "Sugar Rush" game. However the heart-warming and not so predictable end redeemed the first part of the movie.
To end the parabola of the movies I've watched during the holidays:

6) The Aristocats
This movie is still funny but I hadn't realize until now that I've watched it from a grown-up point of view how much it's dated. The backgrounds, the designs and the effects are so lackluster. However the music and voice acting are totally amazing to this day.

7) Aladdin
This one instead aged much better, although probably in part it's because it's much newer. However the Genie is one of the most fantastic characters I've ever seen.

8) The princess and the frog
This I'd already seen it when it first came out in theatres but I still enjoyed it. I like that it actually featured cultural references to the time and place in which it's settled, New Orleans in the roaring 20s, the jazzy songs are cute and the voodoo man is a very good villain.

Basically during Holidays we want to watch cartoons.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 01-16-2017 at 08:21 AM..