Thread: Dreams covers
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 09:04 AM

Girl Blue releases video for her cover of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Dreams’

For every iconic song in the world, there are countless covers in existence. It can be so difficult to put your own spin on a song and stand out, whilst also respectfully paying homage to the original. However, when a cover is done right, it can be an incredibly special moment.

Singer, songwriter and producer Arielle O’Keefe, better known as Girl Blue, recently released her version of Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Dreams’. As one of the band’s most well loved songs globally, it’s a hard task to re-imagine the track however, Girl Blue has delivered the most haunting version which captures the original emotion of the song.

Starting off with a stripped back production, Girl Blue’s breathtaking voice does all of the talking. She has such a captivating tone, it’s hard not to lose yourself in her pitch-perfect vocals. Later on, the track is laced with an electronic vibe, as a hypnotic beat is added to proceedings. This adds a modern element and Girl Blue stamp to the song, which we really love.

We’re not the only ones who are appreciating Girl Blue’s cover either. The track has over 195,000 streams on Spotify and was featured on Spotify USA’s New Music Friday playlist. Speaking about her choice of cover, she said: “Rumours was an album I’d had around as a kid but it hit me really differently as an adult. The album is full of hits, but ‘Dreams’ has always been the quintessential Rumours song for me.”

Yesterday (October 31), Girl Blue unveiled the visual for the song. Directed by Chromoscope Pictures, the eerie video shows the singer in the woods at night, singing incantations over a spell she’s casting. The visual has a gothic vibe, which suits the Halloween release date perfectly.

Speaking about the inspiration behind the visual, Girl Blue said: “I think that visual really leans into the foreboding you’ll regret this side of the lyric, I wanted to channel Stevie and the spirit of the song a la ‘The Craft’ and the ‘The VVitch’’ it was really fun to do.”

Check out the visual for ‘Dreams’ below.

Girl Blue has long been making waves on the music scene thanks to her incredible vocal arrangements and storytelling ability. Her debut EP I Am Not A Star was released earlier this year and received incredible support from Spotify, with lead single ‘Fire Under Water’ being streamed over 2.2 million times. We can expect even more new music from her soon, as she is preparing a new album for release in early 2018.

‘Dreams’ is available now.

http://celebmix.com/girl-blue-dreams/