Thread: MacNuggets
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Australian Singer loves her some Stevie

Cameron Adams

August 02, 2008
DELTA Goodrem has picked up a habit in the US. It's cost her a pretty penny, is occupying plenty of her time and has kept her company through the long, lonely days of promoting her debut American album.

The habit: Stevie Nicks. When Goodrem is tired and promotional, she cranks up a Nicks album. She’s bought them all.
“My Stevie Nicks obsession is still going strong,” she says. “She’s so amazing. I’ve got every album she’s made. I haven’t had an artist I’ve done that with for a while. I feel like I’m a kid again with music. I feel new again. I feel that hunger to write great songs again. It’s the best thing and it’s all thanks to Stevie.”

Though Goodrem has had Fleetwood Mac foisted on her in the past by friends who wanted to introduce her to a band doing their best work before she was born, they fell on deaf ears. Until now.

“Something just clicked with me,” she says. “I don’t come from a musical background in my family, so it’s always been a process of self-discovery when I’ve found artists on my own or someone’s given me a CD. But the timing has to be right.”

Goodrem even planned a trip to see Nicks perform in Hollywood. But there was a slight problem.

“Dale (her stylist) booked it, but didn’t realise it was Hollywood, Florida, so we couldn’t go,” she says.

Listening to Nicks has awoken Goodrem’s creativity. She’s written dozens of songs, this time without a string of collaborators. Her American record label Decca has furnished her Los Angeles pad with an upright piano so she can create whenever she is inspired.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005368,00.html