View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 02:57 PM

Yesterday I've been at the MAMBO, Modern Art Museum of BOlogna, and I've seen the "David Bowie is" exibition. It was a very good experience, it was multimedial and before entering they gave you headphones with a special device that, depending in which room and which part of the room you were it played a different registration; if you were standing before the big screens that in every room played parts of intervies and tv performances or music videos it played the synchronized audio of them, while if you got further it played a David Bowie playlist. There were a lot of personal objects and commentaries from people who knew him and worked with him, many of his past outfits and a lot of journal entries and photographs.
What I liked the most were the costumes. I was surprised but I thought him much taller than what he actually was.
What I liked the least was the excessive multimediality, since the exibition is very large if you want to look properly to it it requires at the very least 3 full hours, and having so many things to read, look at and listen to at once made me a bit dull after a while. In fact I tried to take off the headphones except for when I had to watch subtitled videos and interviews (they were all original sound with subtitles) but I found out that even in the museum there a different playlist playing. Also it wasn't organized very good, it proceded for themes and not in chronological order and there wasn't really an itinerary to follow.
However it's still an experience that I recommend and if someone has the opportunity to see it in the future he won't regret it.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-09-2016 at 02:59 PM..