View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 10:25 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Good job with the list.
Does anyone know the reason Stevie did not give permission for Violet and Blue be used in the movie? I was once told the reason many moons ago but forget. If you watch the movie when Violet and Blue comes on...its not Stevie singing the song. Her song appears on the soundtrack though. Violet and Blue was actually a pretty big hit on the rock stations in 1984.
Maybe there was some other reason but when I watched Against All Odds, I noticed right away that the Violet and Blue version was different than the soundtrack version. Then I remember reading they had to use another version of the song for some reason and its not Stevie singing. Its been moons since I have seen this movie.
I am getting old and my memory is not what it used to be Does anyone know the reason?
interesting. i didn't know this. actually, i don't think i've ever seen the movie and i was of age back then. do you know where this song comes on in the movie? i just looked on youtube hoping there was a clip with just that part but i didn't find anything.