View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=THD;945964]

Well he certainly, initially, used a Watkins Rapier- not sure whether it was the 3 pick up model or the 4 p/u version ,
/QUOTE]

/www.ukrockfestivals.com/Hyde-park-8-24-68.html

I've hopefully provided a link to a report of the Hyde Park free gig (according to the records they did another date somewhere that same evening ! This is very soon after Danny joined.

Danny is the guitarist on the left but Note it looks like the guitarist is dark haired ,and cant therefore be Danny, but if you look closely you'll see Danny is playing with head down very short blond hair ( he's wearing a loose black crew neck t shirt and you can make out his neck curving) unfortunately there is a dark haired guy standing right behind him so initially it looks like one person !

So he is playing a Rapier 33- the 3 pick up model

Also of note:
They are using Marshal amps

They are using a tiny WEM PA No off stage sound mixing in those days!
WEM stands for Watkins Electrical Music and this was the same Charlie Watkins that built the Watkins Rapiers !

Jeremy is not on the stage!
As I described in another post ,he used to go and sit behind the amps ,but no sign of him here, nowhere to be seen.

Peter is playing a sunburst strat !

Finally ,I was not at this concert -don't know why it was the sort of ticket price that suited my schoolboy budget !Don't think I heard about it .Unbelievable !

But look at all the people who were there
Why aren't they posting their memories on the UKfestivals site or here? !!

Come on Folks!

Last edited by THD; 02-27-2011 at 12:22 PM..