View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
This speaks to her personal concerns. But as for a broader archetype for the public to resonate to, it doesn't work. "Loving" is not a natural lemon that needs turning into lemonade. Saying "you make loving fun" is like saying "you make inheriting ten million dollars a good thing." It's a structural flaw. (I still like the song. I'm just pointing out what's wrong with it vis-a-vis their other material of the period.)
I couldn't disagree more. She's singing about what a miracle it is to have such a care free love. And, FM has mostly been about their personal concerns. I can't think of any other band that isn't more about their personal concerns. I'm guessing most people know that love can be very difficult and far from easy, (especially in a rock band). I understand what you mean about taking it out of context, but why do that?

This song is my fav off the album and still seems to resonate with radio stations across the country. I hear it often.