View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Hmm...

Well Mick himself said something along the lines of:

"So Peter, John and I went into Decca's studios and recorded two sides of a single, 'Double Trouble' and 'It Hurts Me Too'. We also recorded three instrumentals; two of them, 'Curly' and 'Rubber Duck', were later released as B-sides of the singles. The third instrumental was a three-minute twelve-bar R&B shuffle with a fast tempo tapped on the high hat cymbal, Peter picking nimble blues changes. It was a real Chicago-sounding track, especially when Peter overdubbed a growling harmonica part, in the style of the immortal Little Walter. This third track, Peter later told us, was named after his favorite rhythm section, Fleetwood and McVie. I remember Peter Green writing down the name on the tin can that held the finished tape: 'Fleetwood Mac'."

So that means there WAS an original version of Curly and Rubber Duck that contained Fleetwood.

Apparently...

EDIT: Oh and on that note if Double Trouble and It Hurts Me Too were recorded with Fleetwood, are these two tracks the same (with Fleetwood) as what appears on Mayall's "Looking Back" album. John (wetcamelfood) you are sure to know this one.

"Hmmmm?" OK, thanks for the appreciation
You need to stop reading **** biographies with coke-induced "memories" . Double Trouble/It Hurts Me Too is on "Looking Back" and also the expanded issue of "Crusade". Now you can go ahead and ask John about it...

Last edited by dino; 04-10-2011 at 04:30 AM..