View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I disagree with just about all of this. (I saw them in Boston.) I loved "Wish You Were Here." I think having Lindsey perform "solo" without the "keyboard filler" would be a bad mistake; this isn't a Lindsey solo show. "Game of Pretend" was wonderful, and ending with the two new songs made a bold and effective statement that this is NOT Fleetwood Mac. I thought "Little Lies" sounded great just the way it was.

I do agree that "Carnival Begin" would have been a great addition. I might have dropped "Feel About You," which I think is an okay, not great song, and the night I heard it, Lindsey's vocals overpowered Chris on this song.

The one change to the set list that I would really have liked would be to drop "Shut Us Down." I didn't see the point in playing a Lindsey solo deep cut. They should have played either a Christine solo song (maybe "Got a Hold On Me"), a Christine early (pre-Lindsey) FM song (like "Spare Me a Little"), or simply kept the acoustic set to three songs, thus opening up one slot for another BuckVie song later in the set.
It's funny how subjective music can be.
These are just my personal knee jerk reactions.
I like Wish You Were Here, it's just not a "stunner"
like Brown Eyes.
And Shut Us Down, for me, is one of the most powerful Buckingham songs ever recorded.
So it feels right to have at the top of the set.
I get the keyboard filler parts at this show, but it felt unnecessary against
the spare solo guitar.
Yes on Spare Me a Little!