View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$he writes WORDS. I'm not certain those qualify as songwriting style. What did Christine say? Something about, 'we usually have no idea what $he's talking about', in her lyrics? And $tevie's piano playing always leaves me with a big smile.

$he should be thankful to Lindsey, and Jimmy, and all those other...."collaborators"/bed friends(the list is quite long). I'm sure they played no part in her huge success.
Christine said re The Chain that she had no idea what Stevie was talking about, but it sounded good. Stevie is a poet and she used to be a good performer. She doesn't know much about music, not even the tambo.

Christine also said how dull the Dreams demo was and none of them could see any potential in it, but Lindsey could.

Personally, I don't care if Stevie is in the RRHOF. She makes people feel a certain way. I used to feel that way. I think that counts for something. I mean, sensual, passionate, heartbroken. Yearning captured. You float about the room when you hears Rooms on Fire. Evoking that should get you into some kind of Hall of Fame, if not the Rock and Roll hall.