View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
But instead, they’re flat out saying things that make him look bad. Like that they were all unhappy and that it was a bad time. That’s not the behavior of innocent bystanders who didn’t want this to happen.
i was wondering about that line too. Mojo certainly knows how to reel in readers! we know they're not gonna say anything bad for the band reputation because they are promoting their UK dates and they have to prove how they were right to throw him out.

i'm gonna withhold my judgement on Christine till i read the interview. if she throws Lindsey under the bus than she's just as bad as the rest of them.
saying she's happy happy happy with Lindsey in 2017 and than just as happy happy happy after Stevie and Mick throw him out in 2018/19 is kinda kooky, but i guess you are promoting your current tours in both cases.

we were all giving Christine benefit of the doubt because:
1) she insisted in CBS interview she didn't know about Lindsey ouster
2) she repeated the same in Rolling Stone audio interview and said she was in the UK when they told her and that when she left for the UK everything was fine and dandy
3) she sent that email to Lindsey saying she misses him and she had nothing to do with the ouster.

sounds like Christine wants to have her cake and eat it too.

now Mick and Stevie have been on sh*t-on-Lindsey spree since april 2018 and never stopped, providing a number of contradicting excuses for what they did, so anything Mick says has no meaning at this point.

you can be unhappy or annoyed with someone you [barely] work with (although recording of BuckVie video seems to mightily contradict that unhappiness claim). that doesn't mean you should throw them out of the band of equals, where he has done huge stuff for that band's success over decades and where everyone had been annoying for 50 years, at the very end of the road as they are about to retire. the only band out there that still had their classic lineup intact. and because that was done without just cause, they paid up that lawsuit as fast as they could (after their dramatic "we will see you in court! we dispute everything he says!").

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"