View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Yes, that's my point. But I can still appreciate the warbly, growling vocals on Red Rocks more then her current voice. Even though Red Rocks is a mess, I must have watched it hundred of times, but it took me 4 or 5 times to make it through Soundstage ONE TIME completely. The CD for Soundstage is completely unlistenable. Everyone's taste is different, but I have no desire to hear her rerecord her songs in the studio or live with her current voice. Age takes it toll on everyone voice, but I really get the feeling she is singing in the nasal tone on purpose because she considers it her "trademark sound". After all her voice has won her 2 HOF awards, the leader of one of the most popular bands in the world, and the leader of women rights!
I liked How Still My Live, and Crash from the Soundstage CD, but that album was more of an afterthought. The real product was the DVD and they just through the Live CD in. I thought it was a weak attempt for a live album but there were a few things on it I really liked.

Last edited by Jondalar; 09-25-2020 at 12:30 AM..