View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

With the return of Christine, the 50th anniversary, and the inevitable end of the band before too long, I would take anything, anything as a final recorded statement by the band. I'm prepared to take Stevie's assertions that she doesn't write that much these days at face value. So I'm prepared to set my own bar of what could happen fairly low and have accepted that a full album is 95% unlikely to happen.

It would be a bit of a fag-end to a recording oeuvre but a five or six song EP would be fine by me, even if it had just one or two new songs from each of Christine and Lindsey, a couple of re-worked Buckingam McVie tracks with some added layered Stevie vocals (Carnival Begin, On with the show, Love is here to stay or Red Sun would work well) to fill it out, and a new recording of one of Stevie's songs that had never made it to an album, maybe Joan of Arc. Others more familiar with her demos might be able to suggest a better alternative.

It's just so sad that we've come to this point in this way. Ultimately we don't own these people and each have their own plough to furrow so directing any anger at one particular individual is not going to achieve much besides venting personal disappointment.