View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 09:40 AM

Default Re: For people not wanting "already heard material"

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
It's stunning to me that people are COMPLAINING about artists having the nerve to release songs they've already made demos for! Imagine that! GASP! ... This whole mentality amazes me. Think about what you're saying, guys.
For my part I was not complaining. Nor do I believe anyone else complained.

Those of us who voted for new songs (meaning songs that have not been available on the web) were merely expressing a wish. It is a quite natural wish if your think about it. What fan doesn't want more and more music from a favorite band? Especially when that band has given very little by way of new music in more than 10 years?

Besides, like it or not, the GOS songs were published. Clandestinely? Yes. But they were effectively published. Therefore they will be "old" songs if they appear in the new album. Lastly, I would point out that most of those songs were NOT demos. They were mixed songs, most of which had not been mastered.

I remain steadfast in my wish that Lindsey puts some stuff in the new album that I have not heard, although I would love to get mastered versions of Down on Rodeo, Gift of Screws and Deep Dense.