View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I'm From the generation of fans that thought of the "dark years" 1991-1994ish as the worst vocally and creatively lyric wise in her career. Those were the years with no vibrato, monotone emotionless delivery, sedated performances. Only after getting off Kolonpin did she start to sound better and then once she lost the fat and quit smoking got her sweetness and vibrato back. 1996/1997/98 was like 91-94 never happened and Stevie from 1975-1984ish suddenly returned. Street Angel and Desert Angel were constantly made fun of back in the early days of the Ledge by the early Ledgies. I guess a few things from those years are redeemable like Mirror Mirror. But the CLA remixes are so inappropriate to do to Classic on a Greatest Hits record. However that was "the thing" to do back then. The Madonna Imaculate Collection was all remixed. I guess it was all an attempt to keep decade old songs from sounding "dated". Now a days they attempt to make sure remastered/remixed remains true to the originals as closely as possible.

Sidebar. CRystal Visions was a much better release. Instead of filling it with three Non hits new songs the whole thin was all great songs that either charted or were singles or were classics.