View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Awesome track. Youthful, positive, and plays out of my speakers like a breath of fresh air.

Two things:

1 - The track proves the genius of Christine McVie. She is simply a master of the pop song. It sounds so simple with lyrics that are far from complex. However, the melody, the harmonies, the fact that you have the song stuck in your head after one listen...genius. And I agree with another poster in terms of listening through headphones; the lush harmony, instrumentation, Lindsey's guitar mixed with Christine's rhythmic piano playing is all so beautiful and incredibly intricate. The thing about Christine's writing is that when you listen to her songs you understand that there is a lot more going on musically other than a hook; her music is "sophisticated" pop that comes from both the heart and the mind. She is one of the most intelligent pop writers of the last 50 years.

2 - Why did Stevie pass this up? As I listen to Feel About You and In My World I swear I hear Stevie's voice harmonizing with the other two...then I remember that she is not there. This album will be superb and it is a shame that it will not get the same audience, or interest, that it would had it been released as a Fleetwood Mac studio project. I respect Stevie greatly, however this is a missed opportunity for all. I respect Lindsey and Christine even more for continuing on...both of these tracks feel like time and consideration went into every millisecond; clearly this album will be the result of passion and artistry.