View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
What's unfair about it? It's one guy's opinion. Reviewers make questionable assertions all the time. You either agree or disagree. I think he's got it right, but that's not news.
Well, then I disagree

But, my saying its unfair is my opinion, etc. I think this just goes along with that whole "SN and CM are drivel and silly helpless women and LB is the only one with talent" argument that has been rehashed over and over and will never be resolved.

I think the facts do not support that neither CM nor SN has any talent outside of LB's production. LB had nothing to do with any of SN's eight or more solo efforts (counting movie songs) save one brilliant guitar part in "I Miss You" on TISL. CM certainly had been making very good music (e.g. "Why," HAHTF, etc.) long before LB entered the picture and her solo record was no slouch. Finally, MF and JM had an established rhythm section long before LB and SN joined. So, although I think LB is very, very smart, brilliant, talented, etc., to say no one else but LB is responsible for the entire sound of FM is factually incorrect. Again, I am making a factual argument here. I am not in any way saying LB is not due the well deserved respect he has worked to hard to obtain. I am just saying the facts clearly indicate LB did not do it alone.

save the cheerleader - save the world