Thread: Deluxe Mac
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I've been enjoying all the extra cuts that got released with the deluxe versions of Fleetwood Mac albums. In some cases, I think the alternate versions of songs are actually better than what ended up on the albums.

I love the alternate version of "Tango In The Night". It sounds like Buckingham is unsure of the lyrics in the first verse (the way he sings it), but I love the spookier vibe of the song. The background vocals for the chorus are fantastic.

I also like the alternate version of "Only Over You" from the MIRAGE sessions. It's longer, the intro establishes a much stronger feeling for the song. The only thing missing is the militaristic drum roll during the vamp section which got inserted for the official version.

I've seen a lot of people say they prefer the "Smile At You" from the MIRAGE sessions over the version that ended up on SAY YOU WILL. I really like both - but they really sound like completely different songs due to the production.

On the other hand, I think the Mac version of "If You Were My Love" is superior to any version Nicks did as a solo artist.
YES!! The demo version on Only Over You is simply wonderful. That intro is beautiful!!
The Sparkly Piano version of If You Were My Love -available on YT- is, for me, the best version of that song, even better than the 2016 release. Well, except for the audio quality, which of course is worse for the Sparkly one...