View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I could see that. That is often the case. Something happened really fast and then it was time. So fast that it was kept private from everyone until the end was near.
My uncle had pancreatic cancer and when he was diagnosed they gave him 4 months to live. He lived 3. But its all speculation and reading the tea leaves. If it was a health scare that was recoverable people like Stevie or others would have known. When you dont have much time, you tend to keep everything private so there is not so much grief and drama around you. Its very sad but we must celebrate her incredible life and the joy she brought to the world. Living to 79 is really good. Just think she was in her mid 70s touring with the band. Thats amazing. She was also singing with no autotune. She carried on. She overcame her anxiety and fear of flying to come back in her 70s is unheard of. People in their 20s can barely change let alone a very rich woman that has everything she needs. She loved playing and performing and we are truly blessed.

I agree. I had written her out after she left in 1998. She was a has-been.

Coming back and doing a great tour with FM, a terrific album with Fleetwood Mac (its FM. Stevie can sue me) a mediocre tour with FM and then still performing and doing press and featured in commercials, she went out on top. Someone who is 79 should not be doing all that. We should all be so lucky. A rocker it’s almost unheard of. Even Grace Slick has been a nobody for 30plus years.