Thread: Timespace era
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
You may be right, generally, but unless you’re privy to the inner workings of the band and that particular issue, there’s no way any of us could know that for certain. And my bet would be you’re wrong about Silver Springs.
Except I used to work for an artist who was on two major indie labels (Matador and Merge). He reissues all of the albums, or even parts of albums, where the rights have gone back to him specifically to regain those rights. I’m not just talking out of my ass on this.

The GYOW/SS 45 was probably in print until 1978, given the massive popularity of GYOW. Then, it was reissued on a Back-To-Back Hits 45 w/ Don’t Stop in 1988. It was next reissued in late 1992 on the box, and then in 2002 on the Very Best of Fleetwood Mac, and in 2013 with the Rumours Expanded Edition.

ETA: Just Googled “Fleetwood Mac don’t Stop silver springs back to back hits 45” and it was actually released in 1987. So, it’s never been out of print for ten years since it was released. Again, it was totally BS.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 07-22-2022 at 06:57 PM..