View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

While there were obvious reports and pokes at Stevie for her gained weight, I think a lot had to do with herself rather than outside influences. I just don't think she was happy being as heavy as she was. And she mentioned in the DownTown interview that she would walk on stage and see disappointed faces and would want to say "I'm sorry I can't be the Stevie that you once knew and loved." Meanwhile, she was putting on the best tour since 1983. Also, besides the glares and everything else, I'm sure it wasn't easy for her bouncing around like she does while being heavier...it was probably hard on her physically.

To answer your questions: Yes, she vowed never to sing live again until she lost the weight. I don't think she ever says how much weight she gained since Timespace, only that she gained 10 pounds after going home from Exodus (the rehab she went to to kick Klonopin), and that she ended up being 175. There are many Street Angel tour pictures, and I don't think the TRUE fans turned on her. Again, while many criticized her, I think it was an internal struggle too...an inferiority complex for lack of better terms.