View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 04:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
... but it seems Lindsey was controlling, and she has hinted that he is still annoyed that she has a solo career. Honestly, if Lindsey had a sucessful solo career on the par of Stevie,we'd be having a different argument..
I'm glad you are enjoying your wine. I'm a red wine drinker and will admit I might have recklessly wrote few posts here while under the influence (I'm a sober insomniac at this moment).

Lindsey has always been a leader of sorts since the Buckingham Nicks era. His controlling nature is no surprise to Stevie. Yet to a certain extent, that trait has served the band well. Yes, they are a democracy, but they are also largely dependent on Lindsey's guidance and ability to meld all the disparate musical pieces together to form the whole.

I don't feel that any member of the band gives a sh*t about her career. Lindsey is not jealous of Stevie's solo success. His solo career operates on a alternative scale; his concept of success leans more toward artistic satisfaction rather than commercial achievement. I'm sure he wishes that he could profit more from his work. But he's not in competition with Stevie's career in terms of power. Stevie needs a village to realize her artistic visions. Lindsey needs no one.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-13-2015 at 06:10 AM..