View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aida View Post
Hi Jan!

best singing piece...This can re-open the debate! What you say about 'Alabama' makes me think about 'trying so hard to forget'. I do love 'Alabama' too but the lyrics always make me think about JB Lenoir...

Now talking about 'Trying so hard' it always shocked me that such sad lyrics could be sang without apparent affection, I don't know but probably is the piece in which I appreciate the most the way Peter sang.

I also thought about 'Man of the world', `Worried dream`and also `jumping at shadows', but 'Trying...' is special to me because I can feel the sadness even without apparent intentional affection.

Any other opinions...?
I agree with you. All the songs you mention have the same 'feeling' or sentiment. In the Man of The World DVD, Mick Fleetwood said about PG's singing voice that 'it is so human', and he has got a point - because he (PG) has this ability to project feeling in a way that people can identify with. This is also his genius in playing guitar. He is able to communicate pure emotion - without making a song and dance about it, so to speak (excuse the pun). I think that the restrain in his playing actually makes people feel the emotions he holds back. A lot of guitarists display emotion but leave you cold.

Ms Moose