View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What hits me is the way it was done. And maybe that's the self absorbed part that you mention. But, not to even acknowledge his calls, emails, or even olive branch to make things right.... Just cruel. Made my skin crawl a bit.
That was I was always been saying:

1. You want to kick him out of the band because you can't stand working with him anymore? Fine. But if you think what you're doing is correct, then why the lies at the beginning? Why the cold shoulder? Why ignoring his calls, his emails? I think after all these years, he deserves an explanation. Or they think he doesn't?

2. And once everything is out in the open, why the constant need to bash him, to say things like "we're happier now that we have ever been", "my band is still together"? After all these years, you already got rid of him. So stop twisting the knife while he's already on the floor trying to stand up again.

I honestly don't care if her fans think the band's behavior toward Lindsey is "what many bands do" because that's not true. Trying to diminish what they have done and trying to sweep everything under the rug won't work. Their behavior towards Lindsey, aside from the firing, is despicable.

After seeing Def Leppard's speech last Friday at the RRHOF, talking about their brotherhood and their friendship with Brian May, after seeing Keith Richards' comments about Mick Jagger's health condition, you can't help but feel pity for what Fleetwood Mac has become.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.