View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
31. Bohemian Rhapsody, grade C- or maybe a D + = I had high hopes for this movie buts it’s a big disappointment. The movie just falls flat. It’s not directed very well but the actors try hard. The movie �� s very forgettable. Enough said.

(I'm experimenting with youtube. Trying to decide what I want to do with my channel. I figure I see soo many movies. Maybe post a few reviews.)

Each to their own. I enjoyed this very much. I know what you mean when you refer to it being a 'Made for TV biopic', but I think that's largely down to some of the British tongue in cheek humour they've deliberately built into this movie. Perhaps it doesn't translate that well to American audiences. When I watched it here in the UK there was a big round of applause at the end. I think the issue is this isn't a film about Freddie Mercury...its a film about Queen. It's made by the remaining members and perhaps that serves to sanitize things a bit. It's in their interests to open up a new group of people to Queen's music and I think its a good film for people who don't really know them very well.
In terms of cinematography... I don't know what you were watching for the last 30 minutes. For me, that whole Live Aid section was incredible.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood