View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Good job calling it!

Unfortunately I couldn't care less for festivals. People are drunk, loud, annoying. It's hard to get close to the stage.

I went to London to see Stevie Nicks play at the Hyde Park festival. I'm a huuuge Nicks fan, so I should have enjoyed it, but it was really not that enjoyable. You're not immersed with the music at all at a festival.
I agree with you, a festival like Pinkpop isn't exactly the place where you expect a band like Fleetwood Mac. A vast majority don't come for the particular act. The venue itselfs sucks major big time ... I think this will be their only gig in Holland/Belgium and the west of Germany. Now they don't have to play Antwerp, Amsterdam and Cologne ...

Although I went to the Rolling Stones there a couple of years ago, which hadn't really the festival-atmosphere .. everybody was there for The Sones ...

I was at Hyde Park too. Fortunatly I ended up at the Diamond Circle with an upgrade and a couple of fellow Dutch fans. I saw Stevie's and Tom's set from kind of first row ... hardly noticed that I was at a festival :-)

Last edited by SorcererJP; 11-06-2018 at 08:01 AM..