View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I'm just listening to the Rolling Stone interview for the first time: https://player.fm/series/rolling-sto...-fleetwood-mac

At the 11:42-mark Stevie says, "We were supposed to go into rehearsal in June, and he wanted to put it off until next November. That's a long time."

It's unclear whether "it" refers to the rehearsal or to the tour but in any case, despite her use of the word "next," I think she means November 2018 – not November 2019.

Of course, we would later hear that Lindsey was willing to drop his request for any delay at all. But by then, it seems to me, they had already started thinking about kicking him out and his agreement to accommodate their schedule was effectively "too little too late."
Keep trawling through the resources (including the thread in this forum titled "The Record"). Check out the CBS interview (it's on YouTube). In that one, Stevie declares (something to the effect of) "This team was ready to go. But one of the members didn't want to go out on the road for a year." Maybe she "misspoke" (I think she could sense that the interview was flailing at that point, and tried to wrest the discourse away from Mick, who had otherwise been planned as the bearer of bad news and the one who had made the decision), but it was total BS either way.