Thread: R.I.P. Storms
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
However, I am not kidding myself that this eventuality becomes a reality, given the age, health and egos of one or two of the band's members. Stevie will probably want her three years off, again. Will a tour in 2022 be credible, given these factors?
I think it will happen if Mike wants it. He holds the one card Stevie doesn’t, but wishes she did: The Heartbreakers. And, I think it will be more like 2020 when it wraps up, if it happens. Mick’s said “18 months” in his interviews. Thus far, the announcced dates only go out eight months.

Quote:
It's just that with us having miraculously got Fleetwood Mac X back for a third run-around, this was no way for a band of this stature to find this detour away from the final sunset. I'm not over Stevie weaselling out of giving us the gift of a final album from those five people; that's why I'm not really over it and I don't expect everyone else to be either.
I completely understand and don’t necessarily disagree, but I actually can’t imagine a more Fleetwood Mac ending. The biggest things they’re known for are tragically blown potential, drama, conflict, back-stabbing, and especially breaking up. A nice, happy, tidy, expected ending seems so antithetical to the Fleetwood Mac story.

THE Stephen Hopkins