Thread: R.I.P. Storms
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
By now, I don't understand the Stevie bashing anymore. FM tours, they do great and they all seem happy. Lindsey is touring, he sounds great and seems happy.

It is over.

And it does not seem to hurt anyone that much anymore, either. It seems more and more possible that this turns out a good thing for everyone involved.
So if the people living the drama can move on, why can't this board?

Stevie herself now shoulders FM live, she takes responsiblitiy, works harder to make sure the fans have a good time. It's the first ime in decades that she doesn't play the victim. That's actually quite great.

Every member of the band takes some responibility for the situation, either through their actions, or through not acting in any way. We all have known for decades that Stevie had problems with Lindsey (their onstage-love-affair-nonsence notwithstanding). So why single her out as a traitor, when actually she was the only one talking about the bands problems before.
I think Fleetwood Mac XIV has a lot of things going for it, and it's not the first time that a firing or a blow-up has forced a change. Live, the act is good and I particularly like Mike Campbell's inflections- in an ideal world I would be very interested to see how Neil would mesh with Chris and Stevie in the studio. However, I am not kidding myself that this eventuality becomes a reality, given the age, health and egos of one or two of the band's members. Stevie will probably want her three years off, again. Will a tour in 2022 be credible, given these factors?

So it's not about that. It's how they got to this point. I love Lindsey's solo work and look forward to his next album very much, with the added bit of spleen that may emerge. It's just that with us having miraculously got Fleetwood Mac X back for a third run-around, this was no way for a band of this stature to find this detour away from the final sunset. I'm not over Stevie weaselling out of giving us the gift of a final album from those five people; that's why I'm not really over it and I don't expect everyone else to be either.