View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

I found this at Bob Weston's Q & A in regards to Walker era setlists:

"Setlist: we would do a warm-up consisting of Pete Green's FM music, such as "Oh Well", "Rattlesnake Shake", "Jumping At Shadows", "Shake Your Moneymaker", that sort of very bluesy guitar thing. And then change gear into a more melodic blues-influenced sound, as represented by most of the songs from the "Mystery to Me" album. Some evenings Christine would perform an early Chicken Shack hit of hers, "I'd Rather Go Blind" (originally an Etta James song), just to give the evening a change of pace.

Dave would sing the heavier songs like "Going Down", "Roadrunner" in which he would feature his harmonica playing - which was rather clever as the song was in two keys. Probably a couple more standard blues, but the titles evade me."

As for FG/BT era, there was a ledgie here called fmfanatic who had a couple of shows from that lineup but I noticed it says she's not trading anymore when you go to her trading site via her profile link here.

Maybe you could e mail her and just ask her to dig out the tape and list the titles for you in an e mail. You may not have the tapes of the shows but at least you'll know what they played during that time (which is most elusive info indeed!). Hope that's of some help. I just thought I'd chuck it in.

John