Thread: 2017 tour
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes, hated each other back then. Not sure what changed...

Mick:
'I should have known my vision for this endeavour was flawed when it became clear that Dave Mason and Bekka Bramlett did not get along whatsoever. I though they would, as Dave had worked a great deal with her parents, Delaney and Bonnie. Bekka had known Dave since she was a kid and I imagined there would be a real chemistry between them, because he had been around their house, probably singing songs with her parents as she looked on, like some big, happy musical family. Apparantly not. That tour was heavy on free flowing substances of all kinds, which didnt help matters, but still, there was a real bas blood between them. I was a wreck and drinking and carrying on, but as the tour wore on I found myself having to play mediator for them almost every day. I completely misread what I thought would be a quaint and historically perfect collaboration. Bekka had no time for any kind of connective, band-family stuff on the road at all, and like her mum she did not mince her words. Believe me, you don't want to have Bekka or Bonnie Bramlett unload on you, but that is what started happening to Mason regularly'
Wow, thank you. I'd never seen that. So it truly WAS amazing that she sang with him in Nashville this summer!