View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face

You have some good points I will admit. But you're arguing that Lindsey always does for the band what they expect of him, which can't be true. If he did exactly what the band asked of him like you're saying, then there is no way they would have sacked him. Does anyone honestly believe that Lindsey wasn't Mick and John's and Christine's first choice? I'll concede Stevie might have wanted Mike more than Lindsey but everyone else in the band wanted to try and make it work with Lindsey but they had irreconcilable differences. Anyone who thinks they fired Lindsey flippantly or that they didn't want to try to make it work with lindsey is kidding themselves. This decision was a last resort.
I still say I would have preferred they did not replace him. Or maybe bring Mike in but not Neil. The Chris and Stevie show would have been something new and daring instead of playing it safe. And if they didn't replace Lindsey, he would be more likely to come back on any other tour in the future because he would not feel betrayed like He probably does now.

Last edited by secret love; 05-05-2018 at 08:43 PM..