View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But which "full Mirage show"? Not the LA video - I've seen it already. Wouldn't you rather have a film of the performance at Joe Louis in Detroit, or at the Meadowlands, or the Oakland Coliseum, or McNichols in Denver - all great, great shows that you could discover afresh? Even the show at Irvine Meadows seemed more tightly packed with great, haunting moments than LA. Truthfully, LA felt to me like an also-ran to Irvine (which was about a week or two earlier) and to Oakland the night before. The tour had many highlights, but the stuff that wound up on the sloppy, vibe-killing video didn't capture enough of them.
Yes! Everyone would agree to that but is that reality? Were any of those shows recorded? Back in those days it was lots of work with a big film crew to record concerts. I would be surprised if they took them on the road to video all the shows you mentioned.
If any of them were professionally shot then of course, they would be fantastic. But even in 1982 groups hammed it up for a recording. Didn't someone say in the LA Mirage show that part of Christine's keyboards were prop for the cameras?

I cant even watch the lip syncing of the Mac's 1988 "live" show and Stevie's Red Rocks.