View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I think Ken Caillat agrees with you:

http://smashinginterviews.com/interv...phs-of-rumours

Ken Caillat: Nope. I don’t think so. I did a Christine McVie album in 2003, and I suggested that before Fleetwood Mac ever goes on the next tour maybe they should go into the studio and record a few songs from Christine’s 2005 album. It would be really great because it would be the first Fleetwood Mac/Christine songs in a long time, and it would break through to the radio.

Christine loved the idea. But, who knows? I told that to Mick, but he has no power over anybody. If Stevie thinks that Lindsey thought of something first, she’ll say ‘no,’ and vice versa. They could be doing so well, you know? If they had only listened to me, they could be doing so well. They’re just people. They have ups and downs, and quite honestly, they’re all down now. They could make a lot of people happy if they’d just cut the crap and just be human beings, not anything special.

They’re not friggin’ special, and their crap stinks like everybody else’s, goddamit! They need to just get it through their heads. They need to knock it off and just be real. Nobody gets to put anybody down with power trips. There’s kind of a thing now with abuse, you know? People get drunk and start to manipulate you. It’s a form of abuse. Back then, we were all too young to say, “Hey, knock it off, buddy.” I wish them the best, but I don’t think they’re ever going to do it with their own insecurities and whatever else they’ve got going.

^This.

Richard has said the same thing in his original blog-- about the game playing and the being stuck in old feuds and stuff... then he backs off about it. We've all suspected they can be merciless in cutting people out if they decide to.

It's too late for them to change. Mick used the term "co-dependent" and "co-dependent drama" in his Johnny Walker interview a LOT (I just re-listened to it on a flight) and whoever his therapist was that pointed this out to him was spot on. I'm sure they can all be prima donnas in their own ways (they've been famous and spoiled for a loooong time now) but the friction between S&L is pretty brutal, regardless of what gets said in interviews.