View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I suspect Christine is using the keyboard as a crutch. She has said several times in interviews she prefers to stay out of the spotlight while on stage, and she always seemed a bit uncomfortable when singing Everywhere or Say You Love Me away from her keyboards. At least with Tusk, she had her accordion to keep her hands busy. So I would say that her stage discomfort is why she stays behind the keyboards and pretends to play, even when she's not. It's clear she doesn't just want to sing behind a microphone.

IF that's the case, then it begs the question of how well they really thought this tour through. To me it sort of seems like when a great athlete starts to age. She might hope for that one great run through a tournament or that one last great game, but watching while she goes out there hoping for that can be painful, and it may come, or it may not. I kind of resolved myself to the fact that Fleetwood Mac had extra musicians when they toured, but I didn't know that during their shows they weren't always playing. I'm going to try to forget that I know that, and with my memory these days, it just might work. Now I'm hoping that they don't add a Bay Area show because if they do, I'll probably go, basically just to hear the new songs and Wish You Were Here, canned vocals and extra musicians be damned.