View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
All true, dude. But if you embark on a Fleetwood Mac tour with a whole new line-up, and you basicly play rumours, combined with old stuff from other bands that you played in, you simply cannot complain if it is interpreted as a coverband.
OTOH, on the Don Kirshner Rock Concert in 1974, they did five songs, and three were Peter Green songs. Granted, that was when they were trying to reestablish that they were Fleetwood Mac, but nobody has ever said that they came off as a cover band.

I don't disagree that they relied too heavily on the classic material, but without any new material, again, I don't really see the point in playing new material. I would be curious how the setlist would have changed had they toured.

Quote:
And in the core, musically, FM's last tour was with 5 musicians on stage and Stevie. Ok there are some backing vocalists, but in the Time band there already were 4 voices on stage. It's not THAT huge difference.
Well, there's also an extra drummer, usually behind Lindsey's amps, and there are canned harmonies and keyboards, non of which happened with the "Time" band.

THE Stephen Hopkins