View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Stevie fans that are hoping or waiting for this project to fail are being silly.
She didn't take part in this project and it was hailed as a duets type project between Chris and Lindsey.
The whole "my dad is better than your dad" mentality is really childish.
If some are not liking the songs because Stevie isn't in the mix, I don't get it.
I personally do not like the new music because I expected more of a collaboration between Chris and Lindsey.
It was being teased as a duets type project, and so far, it doesn't seem to be that.
And I also simply think the songs are pretty weak.
It could be childish but I'm reading it a lot in this board.
I also was hoping for a closer collaboration between Lindsey and Christine and I hope the rest of the songs give us that, but so far I'm not complaining. This is better than nothing. I adored TITN and Mirage and this album looks to be that way. We have the same four musicians so I don't know how can this be weak.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.